Cauliflower Bread Sticks Slightly adapted from The Examiner
Cauliflower Bread Sticks
I have tried the cauliflower pizza crust and fell in love with it, but now I here is another variation of that recipe. I enjoyed the taste of these breads sticks just as much as the cauliflower pizza crust. They reminded me a lot like cheese sticks. The bread did not turn out mushy at all, but it may be because I flipped it after 30 minutes, cooked it a little longer, then added more cheese. I loved how these came out, especially dipped in marinara sauce. Yummy! I wanted to add that after learning we are allowed up to 2 oz of extra protein, I increased the total cheese from 3.5 oz to 4 oz. Just add 2.5 oz of cheese for the inside of the bread and 1 oz for the top if you want the old recipe.
- 1 cup raw grated cauliflower or 100 grams (2 Greens)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (you are able to add up to 2 oz of additional protein per Nutrition Support)
- 1 cup shredded or 4 oz 2% light mozzarella, divided (1 Lean) Garlic salt and Italian seasonings, to taste
- Marinara Sauce 1/2 cup Italian diced tomatoes – less than 5 g of carbs per serving (1 Green) You can also use Walden Farms Marinara Sauce, but 1/4 cup is considered to be 2 condiments and is not a vegetable.
- You would have to add a third of veggies to your meal if you choose this option.
Puree Italian diced tomatoes in a small chopper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350. Mix cauliflower, 1/4 cup egg substitute, and 3 oz or 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella together in a bowl until combined. Line a 9 x5 loaf pan with parchment and lightly spray with Pam. Pour mixture into pan about 1 -1/2 inch deep. (It is okay if the mixture does not cover the entire pan). Bake at 350 for 30 min or until set. Lift the edges of the parchment and place bread with parchment on to cookie sheet. Carefully use a spatula to lift the edges of the dough off the parchment and flip the dough. Bake for an additional 15 minutes at 450 degrees. Take out of oven… Enjoy!