To make it even leaner, use ground turkey!! Great alternative to many recipes and tastes just as good!!
- 21 oz 93% reduced fat ground beef – should yield 3 – 5 oz portions cooked (3 Leans)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (2 Condiments)
- 1 tsp basil leaves (1 Condiment)
- 1/4 cup egg beaters
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes (1 Condiment)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (2 Condiments)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1/2 Condiment)
- 1/4 tsp fennel – optional (1/2 Condiment)
- 1 1/2 cups Italian diced tomatoes – less than 5 grams of carbs per 1/2 cup (3 Greens)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except the diced tomatoes in a bowl until combined. Form balls from the meat. Bake for 20 minutes or until done. Measure out 5 oz of cooked meatballs and add 1/2 cup of Italian diced tomatoes in a small saucepan over medium heat until heated thoroughly. I like to use a fork and smash the diced tomatoes so it resembles a chunky marinara sauce. Serve with 1 cup spaghetti squash (2 Greens) or make a meatball sandwich with the revolution rolls (1/3 Lean and 1.33 Condiments)! If you eat it with the revolution rolls, make sure you add 2 more greens!
3 Servings with each serving having 1 Lean, 1 Green, and 2.33 Condiments (No Healthy Fat required)